Saturday, August 27, 2011

Anything Goes!

I had scraps left over from this quilt:
http://bobbinsnthreads.blogspot.com/2011/06/whats-finished-this-week.html

 Now...one of my renters came in with a wonderful strippy, random quilt top and told me how she did it.  It was made from 2-1/2 strips from a Jelly Roll and you sew them short end to short end until you have a strip MILES long.  Then you take the two ends, right sides together, and sew the long edges together.  Then you clip them apart at the end (there is a loop), place the two strips together again (2 sets of 2) and, again, sew the long edges together...cut the loop at the end...etc...

I had to try it.  I cut the leftover scraps from my quilt into 2-1/2 strips, varying lengths, using my Accuquilt Go cutter...took very little time!  Then I started sewing.  And sewing.  And sewing...

And *anything went*.  I didn't match anything.  I didn't care what ended up where.  And my quilt top measures 64" x 66"!  I will find a nice bright border, or maybe a thin one and then a wider one.  Maybe I will applique some flowers and leaves on it (again, cut with my Accuquilt Go!).  The sewing took about 3 hours and that was it!





I still haven't pressed it or squared it up but will do so this weekend.
Stay tuned.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Do you sew the short ends diagonally like you would for a binding? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 1600 Quilt turned out great. I love them. If interested here's a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EomX7t7to_o

    ReplyDelete