Sunday, October 31, 2010

Speaking of Halloween Stuff...

Not only do I machine quilt customer quilts, I also quilt fabric for home dec and for clothing. This week I took 2 yards of cream Kona cotton (1 yard for the top and 1 yard for the backing) and layered it with Quilter's Dream Blend batting and chose the *Spooks* pantograph. I used a variegated polyester embroidery thread in halloween colors and quilted up the fabric. Then I cut out a very simple vest and sewed up the shoulder seams and side seams, using the usual 5/8" seams.


Since I didn't have a lot of halloween fabric left over from doing a quilted table topper, I strip pieced what I had with some black cotton and cut it on the bias to make the binding and applied it. The whole thing took one day and it turned out so cute!


Give it a try! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment