Sunday, October 31, 2010

And...a Scrappy Shirt Quilt!


I love quilting *upcycled* things. This quilt top was made entirely out of men's cotton shirts. I layered it with Hobbs Polydown batting and put brown fleece on the back. And I quilted it with an adorable panto called Lounge Lizards and it was perfect for this quilt...very whimsical. I used So Fine coppery colored thread.
Even the binding was pieced out of a striped shirt and the finished quilt is wonderful...very cozy and soft and just waiting to be cuddled up in! :o)

So many old and scrappy quilt tops are just waiting to be given new life. My favorite things to quilt are the unfinished tops that need care and love...they truly turn out beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Recycled shirts make the best quilts. So cuddly and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern and enjoyed sewing it also. Yours is great!

    ReplyDelete