Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas!



It is Christmas already and next week will be a brand new year!  I am looking forward to 2016 and to continuing  to quilt for my wonderful customers.  Who knows what this new year will bring.  :)

Since I do have a new little granddaughter (Elodie), I had to make a little smocked Christmas dress for her.  It is very tiny and made out of soft cotton batiste.  My grandsons' (Quinn & Oliver) Christmas package seems to be late in the delivery to Canada and I am sad about that but we cannot control the nasty weather and wind we had that would have delayed it.  But it will get there eventually and I hope they like what their Nana made them.  All three grandbabies have my heart.  :)


Elodie's First Smocked Dress
My favorite pattern for little bishops
I finished my last customer quilt of the year last week and it was a beauty.  I loved it so much that I had to get the pattern.  It is paper pieced and those of you who know me well know that I detest paper piecing.  But this quilt was so stunning that I will dive in anyway.  ;)

African Samba quilting design
 Some more quilts have been coming in this week but it will be January when I start back in.  Next week is counting inventory and doing my year end.  <sigh>

Ebay sales have been good and I will be restocking homespuns after the new year and will probably also put some threads on there.  Also, before I forget, I used a black polyester batting from Quilters Dream on that last quilt up there and I loved it!  So, a case of queen size packages will be here this week.  No room for a roll....  ;)

I have been working on the new Simply 16 and Little Foot Frame and I absolutely love it!  It is great for custom quilting because it is a light machine and it moves like a dream.  I have done some teeny tiny stippling and some ruler work on it and it was very easy.  The machine moves so well that after a bit I did not even need to use a ruler for the stitch in the ditch.

And I did find out that you can retrofit the Sweet 16 sit down machine to the frame so the best of both worlds!

Thank you for your continued support and I wish you all a wonderful holiday.  See you next year!  :)

Warm Regards
Jude

Pictures of customer quilts finished the last few months...I have been busy....  LOL!  All caught up and back to a 2 week or sooner turnaround!  :)







































2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours. The smocked dress for Elodie is adorable!!! Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete