Monday, January 12, 2009

Pink Fleece

Since I am rather a *perfectionist*, it always bothered me that my gold and brown fleece quilts looked a bit messy at the edges with multiple lines of stitching where I have to stabilize on the quilting frame. So, I started experimenting on this pink fleece. I stitched down the edges (which would later be cut off), then made some marks, using red water soluble markers, 1-1/2 inches from the stitching. That made a width of 47 inches for the quilt. I marked my panto with tape at the edges where I wanted to start and stop and always made sure that my red marks lined up with the tape and that the width of the quilt always measured 47 inches. I pulled and tugged and manipulated it till it did. And it worked out really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment