Friday, February 26, 2010

One of my personal quilting goals is to do wholecloth quilts. I am so drawn to them. Yesterday I put a preprinted Sew Batik Gradient design of Sue Schmieden of The Quilting Connection on the frame. There are 2 layers of batting..the bottom is Quilters Dream Blend, then a layer of Quilters Dream Poly Puff. I am using So Fine thread on top and Wonderfil in the bobbin. Following the lines is fun and I have about half of the top quilted...although there will be a lot of background fill to do so that I get the faux trapunto look. I will do this one very simply as I am testing out the batting choices, as well as the threads. So far, my machine is doing just fine with the puffy batting layers as well as batik fabric on top and back!




In March I am taking an online wholecloth designing class at MQResource and am looking forward to it, very much. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment