This is my first t-shirt quilt. I rounded up some Wyoming university t-shirts from the local charity shop since I didn't have any....
And I rough-cut them and backed them with light fusible interfacing. The most time consuming part was cutting them into consistent sizes as every shirt is different. If I continue to do these I will need some sort of templates for centering and cutting.
I knew that I wanted to back it in fleece (as I had some) and didn't want to invest in fabric for my first try and then had the bright idea to also sash and border it in fleece. I don't think I will do that again as it is stretchy, but that was not the problem. The problem was in the quilting. The seams were too thick and since I was using a panto I had to really keep an eye on the fleece shifting to one side. Cotton fabric would be more stable, I believe. Will let you know with the next one! LOL!
I didn't use batting as the fleece was heavy enough. The finished quilt washed and dried beautifully and is extremely cuddly and warm. These are lots of work but what a great way to preserve memories!