Thursday, May 21, 2009

Triangle Bag...


I would love to come up with a zippy name for this little bag...have seen it called a Triangle Bag, a Humbug Bag, a Pento-something or other...






Anyhow, I love making these and they are SO handy! I put my current sock project in this one and it works beautifully for a *grab and go* situation. Am thinking of putting some sort of little pocket inside for the next one....


The fabric was left over from a Messenger Bag kit from SewBatik. These batiks are lovely to work with and I am addicted to them!

I did not quilt the fabric for this messenger bag but, instead, used Quilter's Dream Puff batting (no quilting) to see how it managed. I love this batting! I can see using it for faux trapunto from now on. The bag is not heavy, it holds up well and the only thing I will be doing is adding some magnetic closures and some sort of firm base in the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I,m cottonreel, In the past I have made lots of humbug bags but never thought of putting in a pocket . Thanks fof the idea

    ReplyDelete