Friday, July 11, 2008

Knitting Put Aside...Quilting to Be Done!



Okay, I am still knitting but only at night in front of the tv. I have so many quilting UFO's to finish so got to it. This is my Orange Crush from quiltville.com and I am using Superior MonoPoly thread on top for the first time on my Voyager/Hinty setup. It was a bit sticky trying to get it to stop breaking but I doubled up a thread net and put it around the spool and loosened the top tension..so much so that I was afraid the tension assembly would come apart. But so far, so good. Oh, and I have Bottom Line in the bottom, using my pigtail bobbin case. That stopped the whiplashing. Now, I am not saying that I don't have any thread breaking but it is not as bad as I thought it would be and since I couldn't decide on what color thread to use, the monofilament did the trick. I am using the Popcorn panto and it has been nice to just follow it *almost* mindlessly. I am sure it will be a few days before it is finished as it is a biggish quilt but finish it I will! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment