Thursday, June 19, 2008

Felted Knitting Bag


I found a free pattern...very easy...it is for a knitting basket and I thought it would be a nice addition to the living room for all the projects I have going. So, I purchased some Lamb's Pride Worsted (85% wool/15%mohair) and knitted it up. It was huge, of course. Now, my previous experience with felting a bag meant I had to wash and wash and dry and dry but I was SHOCKED at how quickly this felted up in the washer. it was scary. :o) I put it in the dryer just for a few minutes on low just to get some of the fuzzies off of it as it is REALLY hairy (the mohair) and I stretched it over a pot and will let it dry. I think I will like it a lot...after I shave it a bit. Gosh this thing is hairy. Anyhow, a really easy project, used 2 balls vs the 3 the pattern called for, 2 evenings knitting. I liked the handles on it. Will post a pic when it dries..tomorrow probably. It is supposed to finished at 8.5" high by 11" diameter.

No comments:

Post a Comment